What causes this fault
These faults are caused by the fact that every manufacturer Sony, Microsoft, etc have to use Unleaded solder during the manufacturing of their games console
This was considered a more reliable solution for the electronics industry due to the fact that unleaded solder has a higher melting point than Leaded Solder.
The only problem is that over time, Unleaded solder goes brittle and cracks, when this occurs this is when the console displays the RED light errors.
An Example of Lead and Unleaded Solder after exhaustive heating / cooling
We can remove the Graphics processor from the main board
Replace this with a brand new Graphics processor
The benefit of this procedure is that we only use Leaded solder when re soldering the chip back onto the main board.
Leaded solder does not go brittle and crack, therefore is the ultimate fix for your console.
We use the latest state of the art Computer Controlled Dark Infrared BGA reflow stations to safely and professionally carry out this process.
The Re-ball process
1. Console is stripped down and cleaned
2. Graphics processor is removed from the main board and the main board cleaned of unleadedvsolder
3. A Brand new Graphics processor soldered to the main board using only LEADED solder.
4. Console is re assembled and serviced.
5. The console is exhaustively tested to ensure everything is working 100%
We also fully service your console and give you SIX months warranty for your peace of mind.