The Sony Playstation console was released in the United Kingdom on the 19th November 2020.
This is the latest in the range of Playstation consoles, bringing massive enhancements in speed and performance to the existing Playstation range.
The console is covered under a 12 month warranty by Sony, so if you have any problems with your console, then Sony should be be the first point of contact for any fault repair, as this will be carried out Free of Charge under the warranty.
There are some faults that wouldnt be covered under a warranty though and these would be classed as damage.
One of the most common enquiries we receive is can you repair the Playstation 5 HDMI port?
Accidents happen, a PS5 knocked off a cupboard, a HDMI cable pulled or the console dropped whilst all the cables are plugged in, an incorrectly inserted HDMI cable can alll damage the HDMI port of the console.
We can help and repair your console, we allow personal drop offs at our premises or have a full courier collection service covering the UK. So we can collect your Playstation 5 from your address, repair your console and delivery it back to you.
We repair your PS5, using a genuine PS5 HDMI port, not a PS4 HDMI port engineered to fit.
A Faulty HDMI port can be identified by
- The HDMI port looks physically damaged
- The socket feels loose when the cable is inserted
- The pins inside the HDMI socket look bent
- The console when powered on goes from a Blue light to a White light.
If there is no damage to the HDMI port and your console goes to a White light when powered on, then this can indicate a more serious motherboard problem.
Repairing a damaged HDMI port
Once your console arrives at Console Wizard, our qualified engineers will strip down your Playstation 5.
Remove the motherboard and then de solder the Faulty or Damaged HDMI port. The tracks on the motherboard will then have the UN LEADED solder removed and re tinned with fresh LEAD solder to ensure a lasting repair.
If there is any track damage on the motherboard as a result of the HDMI port being damaged, then this will be repaired during the fitting of the brand new original HDMI port.
Benefits of our service
The benefits of using Console Wizard to repair your Playstation 5 console.
- Fast Turn around - Not the 30 day turn around offered by Sony
- Professionally repaired to manufacturers standards at a reduced price, saving you ££££££££
- Repair carried out using an actual PS5 HDMI port, not a PS4 HDMI port engineered to fit.
- Any track damage repair that is required is completed as part of the repair, unlike Sony returning your console as unfixed, due to motherboard damage.
We are a Trade Marked company and have been trading since 2008, repairing Games Consoles, Computers, Laptops. Apple Imac and Macbooks. These include component level motherboard repairs, we fix your faulty motherboard instead of replacing it.
Please read our reviews
Our Website - Press HERE
On Facebook- Press HERE
On Google - Press HERE